Saturday 16 January 2016

I've been living in the future since I was seven

Back in his "High School Musical days" Zac Efron wisely said that "we should all live in the moment" (or something like that...give me a break it was like ten years ago).
Lionsgate wtf zac efron shocked

Anyways, being a major Troy Bolton fan, seven year old me thought about this for days and days and noted how many times I caught myself worrying about the future:

  • What am I having for dinner tonight?
  • How many never-ending lessons until lunch?
  • Am I going to watch "H2O" tonight or "Hannah Montana" tonight (probably both, if you were wondering)
And now it's more like:
  • Am I going to pass my A levels???
  • Am I going to get into uni???
  • What's am I having for dinner tonight???
So, ten years on, turns out I'm still worrying about the future, I just have different questions ( kind of). I guess that means I've been living in the future since I was seven.

And, that's okay, thinking ahead is just part of who I am. But, sometimes I'm afraid I'm not appreciating the moment for what it is, which is a bit of a loss.

I mean if your friend has just fallen up the stairs and you didn't catch it because you were so spaced out worrying about next month's rent, well, you missed out on a great opportunity to laugh at them, and that sucks. big time. 

So, from now on, every time I find myself thinking two hours ahead of time, I'm going to give myself a virtual slap and just take a second to appreciate where I am and all of the amazing things going on around me. 

I hope Zac Efron is proud. 

zac efron wink hairspray

No comments:

Post a Comment