Tuesday 19 April 2016

Letting go




Your mouth is a weapon of mass destruction,
I swallow you whole like poison,
letting you dribble through my veins,
your warm hands encasing my heart,
squeezing it tight,
then tighter       then tighter        then ti..

putting your ear to my slowly rising chest,
you sigh,
my chest flattens again,
you press your ear harder,
I breathe, you sigh
I breathe, you sigh

You're gripping my heart so tightly,
if were to you let go,
your rugged hands would be forever implanted on my soul,
prying it open,
so that I lose myself through all the cracks you've created in my skin.

I breathe, you sigh
I breathe, you laugh
you laugh at your hands,
your blood stained hands, still clinging to my heart
you laugh at me,
I'm the punchline of your joke.

You laugh so much you cry,
and a tear falls onto my cheek,
you laugh so much your insides hurt almost as much as mine,
A hand flies to your stomach, trying to heal the pain,
your eyes still shut,
because, so are mine.



I began writing this poem about mental health, in particular, depression. Having said that, sometimes less is more, so I'm going to shut up and let you interpret this as you will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment